GAUTENG DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR GRADE 8’S 2019:
Following communication from the Gauteng Department of Education (GDE), we can confirm that online applications for Grade 8 2019 learner admission will open on Monday 16th April 2018 and close on Monday 28th May 2018. The application process will be as follows:
- From 8:00am on Monday 16th April 2018, go to the GDE Admissions website (www.gdeadmissions.gov.za) and register AND apply at the closest school to where you live and thereafter work / your school of choice. (You can apply at a maximum of 5 different schools)
- You will receive an application reference number from the GDE online system. Print screens the confirmation of your successful application, including the reference number.
- Collect an Application Information Form from our reception (these will only be available from 8:00am on Monday 16th April 2018).
- Submit all supporting documents to all schools you have applied at, within 7 school days of applying. The following documents are required:
- Printout/ print screen of your GDE reference number as confirmation of your online application.
- The completed Application Information Form.
- Copies of both biological parents’ ID documents (death certificate if parent is deceased).
- A copy of your son’s UNABRIDGED (full) birth certificate which reflects both biological parents details on it. (This may take 6-8 weeks from Home Affairs – please apply timeously. You may submit the receipt along with the application as well as his current birth certificate).
- A copy of your son’s final Grade 6 report and Term 1 Grade 7 report.
- Proof of permanent residential address which shall be in the form of a utilities bill or a lease agreement (for a minimum period of 12 months) in the name of the parent or legal guardian of the applicant.
- Immigrants must also submit copies of official permanent residence and study permit documents; diplomats to submit copies of passports and diplomatic identities.
You will receive offers from schools at which your application has been successful, and you will be required to accept one of these offers. If you have not received an offer from a school at which you applied then your application was not successful at that particular school. (Timeframe will be advised once information is received from the GDE)
You will need to accept or reject placement offers on the GDE website between. (Timeframe will be advised once information is received from the GDE)
Since this is an external GDE system, all queries must be directed to the GDE Helpline 0800 000 789, and NOT to the school.