Pretoria Boys High School the following vacancy with effect from 1 January 2019 (School Governing Body position):
- Natural Sciences and Life Sciences Educator
- Natural Sciences Grades 8 & 9
- Life Sciences Grades 10 – 12
A specialist degree, majoring in Life Sciences is preferable (or Botany, Zoology or other relevant subjects at least at second-year University level in a specialist degree with a teaching diploma)
Minimum Qualifications and Experience for all positions:
- Appropriate teaching qualifications are essential. Candidates must have a minimum qualification of either a suitable degree and a PGCE or a four-year B Ed degree.
- Valid registration with SACE is essential.
- Previous teaching experience is highly recommended.
- Candidates should be able to teach all Grades from 8 to 12.
- Candidates must be able to teach in English.
- Teaching, assessment, planning and preparation for all classes
- Tutor (Register) teacher responsibilities
- Must be involved in the extra-mural programme
- To fulfil all other reasonable duties required of a teacher
Applications in the form of a cover letter, short (4 page) CV and a list of at least 2 current referees must be sent to the HR Administrator, Connie van der Walt. Closing date for applications is Friday 31 August 2018. State clearly what extra-mural activities you offer the school in addition to your teaching role.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Hand-deliver to 251 Roper Street, Brooklyn, Pretoria, 0181.
Please note that should you not have received any feedback during the two weeks after application closure, you can consider yourself unsuccessful.
Please also note that the School reserves the right not to make an appointment if there are no suitable candidates or if curriculum needs change.